- Theorytest.ie Home
- Customer Charter
- About Us
- Latest News
- Driver Theory Test
- Approved Driving Instructors
- Customer facilities
- Standards of service
- Listening to you
- Keeping you informed
- If things go wrong
- Decisions about your test
We aim to offer our customers:
- 24/7 on-line booking and information service
- Telephone booking and information service between 8.00am and 6.00pm, Monday to Friday inclusive, excluding public holidays
- Convenient and easily accessible Driver Theory Test Centres
- Disabled access at each Driver Theory Test Centre
- Customers with special requirements should, contact us by telephone before booking their test for advice on ensuring their requirements can be met at the Driver Theory Test Centre
- Clean, smoke free and safe reception, waiting areas and testing rooms
- Toilet facilities (one of which is suitable for disabled persons)
- Lockers for securely storing your belongings during your test
Standards of service
When you come into contact with our staff, they will:
- Display the highest levels of courtesy and respect
- Handle your requirements promptly
- Show sensitivity, patience and understanding in dealing with any issues you may have
- Provide you with their name when asked
- Test centre staff carry a Photo ID name badge at all times
We aim to:
- Provide a high quality, reliable Driver Theory Test service
- Accept bookings on-line, telephone and by post
- Give candidates, with special needs who cannot complete their internet booking, a call back within 24 hours and where the booking is outside of a working day, the call back will be on the next working day.
- Acknowledge all candidate emails within 2 working days
- Offer appointments to 94% of candidates at the centre of their choice within two weeks of their preferred date
- Offer test sessions fortnightly at fixed Driver Theory Test centres with at least one weekday (09.00 - 17.00), one evening (17.00 -19.15), excluding public holidays, and a Saturday (09.00 - 17.00). At least one Saturday per month at Mobile test centres.
- Offer sessions at Mobile Driver Theory Test centres with less than 250 tests per annum, at least every two months and once on a weekday, once on a weekend evening and once on a weekend at least every 6 months.
- Send a test appointment confirmation in writing or via e-mail within five working days if you require special arrangements
- Answer 80 per cent of calls processed by the automatic Booking and Information line within 30 seconds
- Issue all refunds and any compensation within 10 working days of receipt of a valid claim or determination that refund should be made
- Provide an average candidate waiting time before commencement of test of no more than 15 minutes
- Provide a Pass Test Certificate where applicable, to successful candidates at the end of the test
- Provide candidates who fail a test with information in writing about general topic areas of weakness (this applies specifically to Category A, B, MW, C & D driver theory tests)
- If it is necessary for Prometric to cancel a test appointment for any reason we will provide you with at least five working days notice and offer you a new test appointment within five working days of the test date
- If Prometric provide less than 5 days notice of a cancelled test appointment we will offer you a free test appointment and provide compensation equal to 50 per cent of the test fee.
Details of our Compensation Scheme are available at each Driver Theory Test Centre. We strive to continually improve our services and in particular, we aim to provide test appointments in a prompt and efficient manner.
Listening to you
We are always happy to hear what you think about our service and ideas for how we can improve it. We consult with representative organisations to advise them on our performance and listen and implement any views or comments made. We welcome your comments both complimentary and critical. Comment forms are available at each Driver Theory Test Centre.
Keeping you informed
We tell customers in advance about changes regarding:
- Test procedures that may affect them
- Test Centre locations and opening hours
- Applicable test fees
- Test preparation publications aimed at preparing candidates for their test.
If things go wrong
Where our service, has not been as good as you expected, we want to know so that we can do something about it and get it right next time. If you have a complaint please make this known at your Test Centre, or call our Customer Care line on 1890 606 406, or e-mail us at email@example.com
Alternatively you can write to our Customer Service Manager at: Driver Theory Test Service, P.O. Box 788
Togher, Cork, Ireland. We will reply in full within five working days of receipt, or send an acknowledgement within five working days of receipt and will send a full reply within ten working days of receipt.
We will co-operate with individuals or organisations that act for you. Our Customer Service Manager will be pleased to help you with information about a particular issue or difficulty.
- Regularly check that all complaints are dealt with promptly
- Examine trends in case we need to make any changes.
Decisions about your test
If you think that we have made the wrong decision, speak to our Driver Theory Test administrator before leaving your Test Centre and request that we re-mark the test.
- Appeal, in writing within ten working days
- Provide a cheque/postal order of €15.00
When we get your appeal, we will re-mark your test and give you the result within five-ten working days.
Staff from our head office will conduct the re-marking of your test. If it is found that the original marking was wrong we will:
- Issue you with a new theory test certificate
- Refund the fee of €15.00