Understand and book your official RSA
Driver Theory Test - Car, Bike, Bus or Truck
Three Simple Steps to Book your Driver Theory Test
We are the only supplier of official RSA-approved revision materials.
Using the official revision materials gives you the best chance of passing first time. You can purchase and online learning portal subscriptions, books and CD-ROMs.
All products are now available with free delivery and an exclusive 10% discount using the checkout code THEORY10.
Please be advised that it is your responsibility to book the correct Theory Test category as this cannot be changed at the test centre.
Additional Theory Test Categories
- Driver CPC Theory Test (Certificate in Professional Competency) for professional bus and truck drivers
- ADI Theory Test for Driving Instructors
- ESDS Theory Test for Emergency Services Workers
Test Centre Locations
There are over forty Driver Theory Test locations throughout the Republic of Ireland. You can choose a Test Centre that is most convenient to you.
Please note that available appointment times may vary between Test Centres – you will be able to select your Test Centre and view its current appointment times at the online booking service.
See a full list of Test Centre locations and addresses: DTT Test Centre Location Map (PDF, 3mb).
Please note failure to bring correct identification will result in you not being able to test and you will lose your test fee.
Any one of the following forms of identity will be acceptable:
- Public Services Card
- Passports (valid for international use only)
- Irish Passport Cards
- National Identity Card from EU/EEA Member States or Switzerland
- Irish Category B (Car) or Category A (Motorcycle) Learner Permit or Full Driving Licence
Test Category C & D
In addition to the identification requirement detailed above Test Category Bus (D) & Truck (C) Candidates must also bring with them:
- A current Category C or D Irish Learner Permit
- A full current Category C or D Irish Driving Licence, (or one from an EU/EEA member state or Switzerland)
- A full current Category B Irish Driving Licence (or one from an EU/EEA member state or Switzerland)
- Ensure you follow the instructions clearly when entering your details during the booking process.
- You must ensure you use your full name as displayed on your Identification when making your booking.
- Spelling of the name on the identification with which you book your test must match the spelling of your name on the Identification exactly that you will present at the test centre.
- All candidates must present their Identification with some test categories requiring additional ID, please see Step 3: Check ID Requirements
- Should you require Assistance or language facility options please refer to our Test Day Assistance/Support section.
- Please Note: Candidates must schedule their exam using an Irish address. Candidates who have scheduled their exam using an address outside of the Republic of Ireland will not be allowed to test and will lose their fee. (To apply for an Irish Learner Permit or Driver Licence candidates must provide proof of an address in the Republic of Ireland)
Once you have carefully read through the steps required to schedule your Driver Theory Test, you may proceed to complete your booking in real time and receive immediate on-screen and email/letter confirmation.
|BW (Car/Tractor & Work Vehicles) or AM (Motorcycle/Moped)||€45.00|
|C (Truck) or D (Bus)||€72.00|
|C (Truck) and D (Bus) combined||€84.00|