The Official RSA Driver Theory Test
Test Day Assistance/Support
Test Day Assistance/Support
- Automated Reader Service: questions can be read aloud by the system into the supplied headphones by the auto-enabled reader service – click to schedule your exam.
- In-Person Reader Service: If the automated reader service does not fit your requirements and you think you may require the assistance of an in-person reader please speak to the team on 0818 606 106. Please note: this accommodation involves the questions been read aloud in a separate room versus listening to the automated reader service. No other support or assistance will be provided during your exam.
- Recorder Service: assistance can be provided to candidates to select the answer on screen if a candidate cannot use a touchscreen or standard computer (can be requested by calling 0818 606 106).
- Self-Service Support: Candidates can book the self-service Dyslexia Support when booking their appointment for a Car Theory Test. The Dyslexia Support option includes a PDF of terms/words and the alternative phrases. Download this PDF for access before your exam, and during the exam within the tutorial. The Dyslexia support option also includes English voiceover as standard and is available at all Test Centres. Schedule your Test and please select “Dyslexia Support” option from the voiceover options when booking your exam.
- In-Person Dyslexia Support: To book in-person support without testing on the self-service option, please speak to the team on 0818 606 106. Available in selected test centers only and can take up to 25 business days for your appointment. Please note this accommodation involves the questions been read aloud in a separate room versus listening to the Automated Reader Service. No other support or assistance can be provided during your exam.
- ISL Video Clips: Candidates can book the self-service ISL Video Clip option when booking their appointment for a Car Theory Test. Available at all Test Centres. Book your Theory Test and please select “Irish Sign Language Videos Enabled” option from the voiceover options when booking your exam.
- ISL Interpreter: please book via our Support Request Form or contact our team on 0818 606 106. A care specialist will contact you for payment in order to finalise the booking.
Extra Time: to book your exam with extra time please contact our team on 0818 606 106. Please note additional time is available for selected exams only.
Please note: Test Day Assistance/Support Services must be requested by calling the team on 0818 606 106 or via our Support Request Form. Alternatively, you can send us a postal application form.
This should be posted (along with a completed application form and payment details) to:
Driver Theory Test,
PO Box 15,
Download an Application Form (PDF, 110kb)
Translations and Voiceover services
In order to request an Interpreter for your Test you need to read the below detail:
We offer a Voiceover in the following languages:
- Portuguese Brazilian
To schedule your Test please visit Book your Theory Test.
For all other National Languages please follow these steps:
- Download the Declaration Form to be signed by approved signatories (your request will be declined without the completed form).
- When your Declaration Form is complete, please request a Translator. Please allow up to 20 working days to complete your request.
- A care specialist will contact you for payment in order to finalise the booking.
You can view our Test Centre experience by watching the video below.